Proceedings Atlanta, 1999
Web-based applications, building models, design theory, performance-based design, applications, sketching tools, web-based collaboration, graphical and presentation methods.
Computers in Building: Proceedings of the CAADfutures’99 Conference
Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures held in Atlanta, Georgia, USA on June 7-8, 1999
Edited by Godfried Augenbroe and Charles Eastman
Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999
- CAD interfaces to the ARROW manufactured product server, Amor, R. and Newnham, L., page 1-11.
- The future of CAAD - From computer-aided design to computer-aided collaboration, Kalay, Y.E., page 13-30.
- Exploiting the internet to improve collaboration between users and design team - The case of the new Computer Laboratory at the University of Cambridge, Richens, P. and Trinder, M., page 31-47.
- Urban texture analysis with image processing techniques, Ratti, C. and Richens, P., page 49-64.
- A Web-centric CAD system for collaborative design, McCall, R., page 65-79.
- Immersive redlining and annotation of 3D design models on the web, Jung, Th. and Do, E.Y.-L. and Gross, M.D., page 81-98.
- How do distributed design organizations act together to create meaningful design? - Towards a process model for design coordination, Huang, J., page 99-115.
- A performance-inspired building representation for computational design, Suter, G. and Mahdavi, A. and Kirshnamurti, R., page 117-132.
- About objects and approaches - A conceptual view on building models, Hendricx, A. and Neuckermans, H., page 133-148.
- The BAS.CAAD information system for design - Principles, implementation, and a design scenario, Ekholm, A. and Fridqvist, S., page 149-164.
- Information sharing in building design, Snyder, J. and Fleming, U., page 165-183.
- Aspects of S2, Mahdavi, A. and Ilal, M.E. and Mathew, P. and Ries, R. and Suter, G., page 185-196.
- Interactive 2D constraint-based geometric construction system, Medjdoub, B., page 197-212.
- Collaborative design with NetDraw, Qian, D. and Gross, M.D., page 213-226.
- The computer’s role in sketch design: - A transparent sketching medium, Trinder, M., page 227-244.
- Making designs come alive: - Using physically based modeling techniques in space layout planning, Arvin, S.A. and House, D.H., page 245-262.
- An interpolation/extrapolation process for creative designing, Gero, J.S. and Kazakov, V., page 263-274.
- Feature-based high level design tools - A classification, Achten, H.H. and van Leeuwen, J.P., page 275-290.
- pi-Resolution in design space exploration, Burrow, A. and Woodbury, R., page 291-308.
- Feature-based qualitative modeling of objects, Gero, J.S. and Damski, J.C., page 309-320.
- The front of the stage of Vitruvius’ Roman theatre - A new approach of computer aided design that transforms geometric operators to semantic operators, Paoli, G. de and Bogdan, M., page 321-333.
- Experiments on animated visual forms, Terzidis, K., page 335-350.
- Environmental life cycle assessment in an integrated CAD environment: - The ecologue approach, Ries, R. and Mahdavi, A., page 351-363.
- Downstream of design: - Web-based facility operations documents, Clayton, M.J. and Johnson, R.E. and Song, Y., page 365-380.
- The Piranesi system for interactive rendering, Richens, P., page 381-398.