Proceedings Eindhoven, 2001
Capturing design, information modelling, CBR techniques, Virtual Reality, CAAD education, (hyper) media, design evaluation, design systems development, collaboration, generation, design representation, knowledge management, form programming, simulation, architectural analysis, urban design.
Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures 2001
Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference held at the Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, on July 8-11, 2001. Edited by Bauke de Vries, Jos van Leeuwen and Henri Achten
Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001 ISBN: 0-7923-7023-6
- The Design Amanuensis: An Instrument for Multimodal Design Capture and Playback. Mark D. Gross and Ellen Yi-Luen Do and Brian R. Johnson.
- Programming and Assisted Sketching. Pierre P. Leclercq.
- Gesture Modelling: Using Video to Capture Freehand Modeling Commands. Mark D. Gross and Ariel J. Kemp.
- Toward the Integration Of Spatial and Temporal Information for Building Construction. Shen-Guan Shih and Wei-Lung Huang.
- Activity Objects in CAD-Programs for Building Design. Anders Ekholm.
- On The Road To Standardization. Rudi Stouffs and Ramesh Krishnamurti.
- Dynamic Retrievals in an Urban Contextual Databank System using Java-CGI Communications. Chengzhi Peng, David C. Chang, Peter Blundell Jones, and Bryan Lawson.
- Design through Information Filtering: A Search Driven Approach For Developing a Layperson’s CAAD Environment. Sheng-Fen Chien and Shen-Guan Shih.
- Baptism of Fire of a Web-based Design Assistant. Ann Heylighen and Herman Neuckermans.
- On the Narrative Structure of Virtual Reality Walkthroughs: An Analysis and Proposed Design. Pieter Jan Stappers, Daniel Saakes, and Jorrit Adriaanse.
- Towards a Natural and Appropriate Architectural Virtual Reality: the nAVRgate Project: Past, Present, Future. Michael W. Knight and André Brown.
- Virtual Environments for Special Needs. Tom Maver, Colin Harrison, and Mike Grant.
- VR Sketchpad: Create Instant 3D Worlds by Sketching on a Transparent Window. Ellen Yi-Luen Do.
- [roomz]&[connectionz]: Scenarios in Space and Time. Maia Engeli and Kai Strehlke.
- The Role of Place in Designing a Learner Centred Virtual Learning Environment. Steve Clark and Mary Lou Maher.
- Games in Early Design Education: Playing with Metaphor. Robert F. Woodbury, Susan J. Shannon, and Antony D. Radford.
- Exploiting Tools of Evaluation To Improve CAAD Teaching Methods: A Case Study of Inter & Intra ECTM Model. Ra’Ed K. QaQish.
- Creating Place in the Virtual Design Studio. Peter Russell.
- Capturing Place: A Comparison of Site Recording Methods. Nancy Yen-Wen Cheng.
- Space Pen: Annotation and Sketching on 3D Models on the Internet. Thomas Jung, Mark D. Gross, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do.
- Graphics Interpreter of Design Actions: the GIDA System of Diagram Sorting and Analysis. Ellen Yi-Luen Do.
- Conceptual Design as HyperSketching: Theory and Java Prototype. Raymond Joseph McCall, Ekaterini Vlahos, and Joshua Zabel.
- Architectural Design Development through Multimedia Interaction. Yoshitaka Mishima and Peter John Szalapaj.
- Representation and Execution of Building Codes for Automated Code Checking. QZ Yang and Xiang Li.
- On Top-Down Architectural Lighting Design: Constraint-Based Generation of Light Sources. Martin Moeck.
- Computationally Rendered Architectural Spaces as Means of Lighting Design Evaluation. Hesham T. Eissa, Ardeshir Mahdavi, Roberta Klatzky, and Jane Siegel.
- Ensuring Usability of CAAD Systems: a Hybrid Approach. Sheng-Fen Chien.
- Tolerating Inconsistencies: The Distributed Perspectives Model. Oliver Hoffmann, Markus Stumptner, and Talik Chalabi.
- Urban-CAD, a Design Application For Urbanism. Davood Chitchian, E.G.M. Sauren, and J. Heeling.
- Unfocused Interaction in Distributed Workgroups: Establishing Group Presence in a Web-Based Environment. Brian R. Johnson.
- Coordination of Distributed Design Activities: A Rule-Driven Approach. Taysheng Jeng.
- Capturing Histories of Design Processes for Collaborative Building Design Development: Field Trial of the ADS Prototype. Cristina Cerulli, Chengzhi Peng, and Bryan Lawson.
- An Architectural Approach to Virtual Reality Support of Multi-user Environments. Seung-Hoon Han and James A. Turner.
- A Form-making Algorithm: Shape Grammar Reversed. Hyoung-June Park and Emmanuel-George Vakaló.
- A Framework for Redesign Using FBS Models and Grammar Adaptation. Scott C. Chase and Pak San Liew.
- Building Services Standard Solutions: Variational Generation of Plant Room Layouts. B. Medjdoub, P. Richens, and N. Barnard.
- (Re)presentation of Architectural Analyses: Two Prototype Applications. Bige Tuncer, Rudi Stouffs, and Sevil Sariyildiz.
- Constructive Representation in Situated Analogy in Design: An Essay on a Bottle of Eau d’Issey pour Homme. Jaroslaw Mariusz Kulinski and John S. Gero.
- Cognition-Based CAAD: How CAAD Systems can Support Conceptual Design. Hsien-Hui Tang and John S. Gero.
- Knowledge Management by Information Mining. Ozer Ciftcioglu and Sanja Durmisevic.
- The Topics of CAAD, The Machine’s Perspective. Tomo Cerovsek, Bob Martens, and Ziga Turk.
- Computer-based TRIZ - Systematic Innovation Methods. Darrell L. Mann and Conall Ó Catháin.
- FormWriter: A Little Programming Language for Generating Three-Dimensional Form Algorithmically. Mark D. Gross.
- DesignBUF: Exploring and Extending 2D Boolean Set Operations with Multiple Modes in the Early Design Phase. Jin Won Choi, Do-Young Kwon and Hyun-Soo Lee.
- POCHE’: Polyhedral Objects Controlled by Heteromorphic Effectors. Ganapathy Mahalingam.
- Awareness Space in Support of Distributed Social Networks. Lesley Gavin, Stefan Keuppers, Chiron Mottram, and Alan Penn.
- Evaluation of Design Performance through Regional Environmental Simulation. Robert Ries and Ardeshir Mahdavi.
- Non-linear Structural Analysis as Real-Time Animation: Borrowing from the Arcade. Kirk Martini.
- Simulation and Representation: Learning from Airflow Analyses In Buildings. Alexander Koutamanis and Peter den Hartog.
- Performance-based Computational Design via Differential Modeling and Two-Staged Mapping. Ardeshir Mahdavi, Rohini Brahme, and Smita Gupta.
- Highlighting the Affordances of Designs: Mutual Realities and Vicarious Environments. Christopher Tweed.
- Architectural Critique through Digital Scenario-Building: Augmenting Architectural Criticism and Narrative. André Brown.
- Route Analysis in Complex Buildings. Alexander Koutamanis, Marc van Leusen, and Vicky Mitossi.
- Designing for Interest and Novelty: Motivating Design Agents. Robert Saunders and John S. Gero.
- Moving Architecture and Transiting Landscape, Interactive Rendering System for Animated Assessment. Alpha Wai Keung Lee and Kazuhisa Iki.
- Interactive 3D Reconstruction for Urban Areas: An Image Based Tool. Christine Chevrier and Jean-Pierre Perrin.
- Evolutionary Automata for Suburban Form Simulation. Luca Caneparo and Matteo Robiglio.
- A Web Based Virtual Reality for Urban Visual Environment Assessment. Zongyu Zhang, Jin-Yeu Tsou, and Theodore W. Hall.
- VR-DIS Research Programme: Design Systems group. B. de Vries, H. H. Achten, M.K.D.Coomans, J.Dijkstra, S. Fridqvist, A.J. Jessurun, J.P. van Leeuwen, M.A. Orzechowski, D.J.M. Saarloos, N.M. Segers, and A.A.W. Tan.