Conferences to date
Calendar of Events
The CAADFutures conferences
have been published in a authoritative series by reknown publishers such as Elsevier and
Kluwer. The contents of the proceedings can be viewed in the CUM-IN-CAD link.
Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures
Edited by Richard Junge
4-6 August 1997, Munchen, Germany.
Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997
- Design medium - Design object, Schmitt, G., page 3-13.
- CAD - So what?, Bock, Th., page 15-43.
- Integration of design applications with building models, Eastman, C. and Jeng, T. and Chowbury, R. and Jacobsen, K., page 45-59.
- What are we learning from designers and its role in future CAAD tools, Gero, J.S., page 61-70.
- Grammars and art - A contingent sense of rules, Bruton, Dean, page 71-82.
- Spatium - A system for the definition and design of shape grammars, Hellgardt, M. and Kundu, Sourav, page 83-96.
- Architectural design-by-Features, van Leeuwen, J.P., and Wagter, H., page 97-115.
- Generic representations - Typical design without the use of types, Achten, H.H., page 117-133.
- Armilla5 - Supporting design, construction and management of complex buildings, Hovestadt, L. and Hovestadt, V., page 135-150.
- Improving CAAD by applying integrated design support systems and new design methodologies, Sariyildiz, S. and Volker, H. and Schwenck, M., page 151-162.
- Regulating lines and geometric relations as a framework for exploring shape, dimension and geometric organization in design, Kolarevic, B., page 163-170.
- Computability of design diagrams, Do, E.Y-L., page 171-176.
- Hand-eye coordination in desktop virtual reality, Hall, Th., page 177-182.
- A digital way of planning based on information surveying, Donath, D. and Petzold, F., page 183-188.
- Tools for visual and spatial analysis of CAD models, Do, E.Y-L. and Gross, M.D., page 189-202.
- Design conversations with your computer: evaluating experiential qualities of physical form, Koile, K., page 203-218.
- Modeling-assisted building control, Mahdavi, A., page 219-229.
- On the problem of operative information in CAAD, Mahdavi, A., page 231-244.
- On the evaluation of architectural figural goodness - A foundation for computational architectural aesthetics, Koutamanis, A., page 245-266.
- Human-Computer interaction and neural networks in architectural design - A tool for design exploration, Silva, N.F. and Bridges, A.H., page 267-284.
- Pattern-based generation of customized, flexible building simulators, Riegel, J.P. and Schutze, M. and Zimmermann, G., page 285-298.
- Auditory navigation and the escape from smoke filled buildings, Rutherford, P., page 299-304.
- I-Walkways - An exploration in knowledge vizualisation, Glaser, D.C., page 305-310.
- A study of the location of fire egress signs by VR simulation, Shih, N-J. and Yan, C-S., page 311-316.
- A KB CAAD system for the pre-conceptual design of bio-climatic and low energy buildings, Yezioro, A. and Shaviv, E., page 317-330.
- Algorithm and context - A case study of reliability in computational daylight modeling, Lam, K.P. and Mahdavi, A. and Pal, V., page 331-344.
- A computer-aided evaluation tool for the visual aspects in architectural design for high-density and high-rise buildings, Li, Th.S.P. and Will, B.F., page 345-356.
- A mobile agent oriented method of simulating the interaction between a built environment and the occupants' action, Fuji, H. and Nakai, S., page 357-372.
- MUD - Exploring tradeoffs in urban design, Gross, M.D. and Parker, L. and Elliot, A.M., page 373-387.
- An integrated computing environment for collaborative, multi-disciplinary building design, Khemlani, L. and Kalay, Y., page 389-416.
- Human-machine-design matrix - A model for web-based design interaction, Tsai, D.E. and Kim, S., page 417-430.
- Shared virtual reality for architectural design, Caneparo, L., page 431-442.
- The multi-user workspace for collaborative design, Woo, S. and Lee, E. and Sasada, T., page 443-452.
- A conceptual network for web representation of design knowledge, Oxman, R. and Sarid, A. and Bar-Eli, S. and Rothenshtreich, R., page 453-473.
- An advanced groupware approach for an integrated planning process in building construction, Muller, C., page 475-480.
- Knowledge, agency, and design information systems, Huang, J. and Pollalis, S.N., page 481-488.
- Data exchange in design/realisation process in building trade, an experimentation with wood-frame panels, Sahnouni, Y. and Bignon, J.C. and Leonard, D., page 489-500.
- Design and modelling in a computer-integrated construction process - The BAS-CAAD project, Ekholm, A. and Fridqvist, S., page 501-518.
- Life cycle models of buildings - A new approach, Kohler, N. and Barth, B. and Heitz, S. and Hermann, M., page 519-531.
- Some thoughts on the existence of a generic building object, Turner, J.A., page 533-552.
- SORTS - A concept for representational flexibility, Stouffs, R. and Krishnamurti, R., page 553-564.
- The distributed architectural model for co-operative design, Watanabe, S. and Komatsu, K., page 565-570.
- Product data model for interoperability in an distributed environment, Junge, R. and Liebich, Th., page 571-589.
- The VEGA platform - IT for the virtual enterprise, Junge, R. and Kothe, M. and Schulz, K. and Zarli, A. and Bakkeren, W., page 591-616.
- A dynamic product model - A base for distributed applications, Junge, R. and Steinmann, R. and Beetz, K., page 617-634.
- Not just another pretty face - Images and arguments in an anthropology web site, Lewin, J.S. and Ehrhardt, M. and Gross, M.D., page 635-654.
- The Palladio web museum - A heterogeneous database of architecture and history, Tsai, D.E., page 655-662.
- Making sense of the city, Bourdakis, V., page 663-678.
- Issues of abstraction, accuracy and realism in large scale computer urban models, Radford, A. and Woodbury, R. and Braithwaite, G. and Kirkby, S. and Sweeting, R. and Huang, E., page 679-690.
- A network-based kit-of-parts virtual building system, Howe, A.S., page 691-706.
- Design speech acts - "How to do things with words" in virtual communities, Cicognani, A. and Maher, M.L., page 707-717.
- The architectural design of virtual environments, Bridges, A. and Charitos, D., page 719-732.
- The legacy of surrealism in the electronic design studio, Coyne, R. and McLachlan, F., page 733-748.
- Babylon S M L XL - The missing language of cyberspace, Wenz, F., page 749-756.
- The application of conjoint measurement as a dynamic decision making tool in a virtual reality environment, Dijkstra, J. and Timmermans, H.J.P., page 757-770.
- Managing information with fuzzy reasoning system in design reasoning and issue-based argumentation, Cao, Q. and Protzen, J-P., page 771-786.
- Analogical reasoning and case adaptation in architectural design - Computers vs. human designers, Chiu, M-L. and Shih, S-G., page 787-800.
- Formalising situated learning in computer-aided design, Gero, J.S. and Nath, G., page 808-808.
- Real-time modeling with architectural space, Kurmann, D. and Elte, N. and Engeli, M., page 809-819.
- Computable feature-based qualitative modeling of shape, Gero, J.S. and Park, S-H., page 821-830.
- Level-of-detail visualization of architectural models, Belblidia, S. and Perrin, J.P., page 831-836.
- An experiment on hybrid architectural form-making, Liou, S-R. and Vakalo, E-G. and Chang, K-C., page 837-842.
- Hypermedia structuring of the technical documentation for the architectural aided design, Bignon, J.C. and Halin, G. and Humbert, P., page 843-848.
- Hypersketching - Design as creating a graphical hyperdocument, McCall, R. and Johnson, E. and Smith, M., page 849-854.
- An evolutionary approach to generating constraint-based space layout topologies, Damski, J.C. and Gero, J.S., page 855-864.
- Emergent shape generation in design using the boundary contour system, Tomlinson, P. and Gero, J.S., page 865-874.
- A genetic programming approach to the space layout planning problem, Jagielski, R. and Gero, J.S., page 875-884.
- The use of genetic programming in exploring 3D design worlds - A report of two projects by MSc students at CECA UEL, Broughton, T. and Tan, A. and Coates, P.S., page 885-915.
- Spatial computer abstraction - From intuition to genetic algorithms, Jakimowicz, A. and Barrallo, J. and Guedes, E.M., page 917-926.